Skip to content
The Outside Project is an LGBTIQ+ Community Shelter, Centre and Domestic Abuse Refuge in response to those within the LGBTIQ+ community who feel endangered, who are homeless, ‘hidden’ homeless and feel that they are on the outside of services due to historical and present prejudice in society and in their homes.
- Provision of identity responsive housing and spaces for the LGBTIQ+ Community
- Professional and ‘knowledge by experience’ peer-led support to LGBTIQ+ people in crisis
- Advocacy for LGBTIQ+ rights and needs within wider systems and services
- Promoting improved ‘social health’ and sobriety within the LGBTIQ+ Community
- Develop relationships with services to strengthen support for the LGBTIQ+ Community
- Share our knowledge to educate others on the unique & complex needs of LGBTIQ+ people